Friday, April 30, 2010

Wednesday 21st April

Late yesterday I was able to attend a presentation by Mr Bernard Lane an internationally renowned expert on rural tourism and sustainable tourism. He is founder and co-editor of the Journal of Sustainable Tourism. His presentation at TAMU was very interesting, while not specifically about the "easy access" tourism market parallels could be drawn. As a resident of Tumut, NSW I could see some parallels with our community and the examples Mr Lane was describing from his work in the UK. A great opportunity which I wouldn't have had without this fellowship.

Today I had the privilege of talking with some Parks, Recreation and Tourism students at TAMU who were embarking on their Diversity unit. It was an interesting experience for me and I hope so for them. I would like to thank Professor David Scott for the opportunity and hope that I left his students with some new knowledge to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment