Monday, April 12, 2010

Sunday 11th April 2010

I have had two days in San Francisco investigating the tourist sights. People with Disabilities seem to be catered for pretty well, even with the hilly environment. A lot of the bus system (and train system) seems to be accessible. My meeting with Bonnie on Tuesday will confirm this for me and give me a better indication. The Tourist Information Centre was also closed today so I will have to visit there on Monday to obtain the information I am after. Visiting the major tourist attractions would be relatively accessible and if you stay away from the accommodation in the hilly areas a lot of the area seems to be accessible. It is a great destination.I have also spent time sorting out the technical side of things - getting the Smart Pen to work, arranging for mobile phone etc in the states and getting the Wifi internet connection at the hotel to work (they are blaming the rain).
Ready to begin my appointment schedule tomorrow, looking forward to meeting up with Scott Rains.

1 comment:

  1. That's a very interesting and helpful report. We look forward to hearing more about the variations on disability service and experience in the many places you are able to visit. Another thought - photos? It would be great if we cold experience your thoughts!

    DisCo: Disability Conversations
    http://discodisabilityconversations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete