Wednesday, June 9, 2010

TRANSED 2010 - Hong Kong


On Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I attended the International Conference on Mobility and Accessible Transport. Over 1000 delegates from 34 countries attended the event. Each day offered a showcase of latest developments in the area of accessible transport andn tourism from around the world as well as keynote speakers of great quality. the conference was a great opportunity to connect with some people I hadn't seen alongn my journey and others I met again and was able to update them with my progress. As the conference was in Hong Kong I was also able to spend some time with some colleagues from Australia in a setting outside the normal workplace. IT was a very worthwhile conference where I learnt quite a bit from some of the projects I heard about - some I had heard of - others I hadn't. the conference also included a Chinese banquet for delegates-a very chinese experience - besides the food it was loud and bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment