Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Thursday 6th May - Leuven - ENAT AGM


Lueven is a smaller city about 20 minutes east of Brussels. Another very old city with lots of interesting buildings to keep you walking for hours. I spent most of the day attending the ENAT AGM which was held at the Boerobund (Farmers Union) Building in Leuven. Ivor Ambrose is Managing Director of ENAT (European Nations Accessible Tourism) and had invited me to attend as IDEAS is an associate member. The day was very interesting and I learnt alot about some of the organsations in Europe involved in accessible tourism. It was interesting also to see the machinations of a european not for profit and how similar we all are. There was another call today for the development of an international network of some sort. I will meet up with Ivor and Lillian Muller (ENAT Chair) again in Sweden. This meeting has given me more research to do on other organisations and funding of activities we need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment